Zoo Safari Explorer 2 days
After collecting you in Bangkok we make a short transfer to the Ancient City, a splendid gateway to Thai heritage. Here we cycle through time, discovering many of Thailand’s enchanting attractions. Learn the quaint southern beliefs, experience central Thailand’s way of life, and savour the beautiful architecture of the northern Lanna empire. Once we thoroughly explore Ancient Siam we will transfer to the Nong Kho Reservoir to begin our cycling. Our ride circumnavigates the reservoir on a smooth tarmac road, and then moves to a small dirt track. The ride then skirts a local canal, passing through pineapple and tapioca fields with a backdrop of jungle clad hills.
We take lunch at a local restaurant then continue to ride to the Khao Kheow Open Zoo. A wide range of animals roam freely here, from majestic giraffes to the Malayan Tapir; a unique species in this region. After the sunsets, we explore the jungle nightlife in an exciting “After dark night safari”. Spot nocturnal creatures slowly emerging from their homes and start their night-time foraging.
- Transfers as mentioned above by private air conditioned car
- English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation one night in Chiang-dao at Padeng Lodge in private fan cooled room
- Accommodation one night in Chiang Rai, tourist class hotel, with air-cond and en suite bathrooms
- Meals as mentioned in program
- Elephant show, elephant riding, caves entrance fees
- Beverages, guide tips and personal expenses
- “Hall of Opium” museum entrance fees (optional visit, to be paid locally)
- Compulsory Gala Dinner at hotels (only during festive periods)
A short transfer from BKK to Ancient City. Ride through Thailand from north to south on shaded roads. Then pack our bikes and transfer to the Nong Kho Reservoir. A smooth tarmac and hard-packed dirt roads lead you off the beaten track to Khao Kheow Open Zoo. Check-in to your safari style tent and get ready for a journey into the jungle with our “After Dark Night Safari”.
Join “Suriya”, a famous Orangutan at Khao Kheow who enjoys his breakfast in his own style. Then we saddle-up and cycle around the zoo to explore the daily life of the animals. As you cycle, watch out for deers and monkeys, friendly hosts who always roam freely here. Transfer back to Bangkok in late afternoon