Day 1: Hanoi – Lao Cai
8pm transfer pick up you at your hotel in Hanoi to railway station for night train up to Sapa.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Regional Triabal Market – Bac Ha – Ban Pho Valley(B; L; -)
– Early arrival to Lao Cai station from 05.30 to 06.30 depending on different train.
– Freshen up, breakfast in a local restaurant.
– 07.30 leave Lao Cai for a road transfer to one of the regional markets as following: Coc Ly(Tue), Cao Son(Wed), Lung Khau Nhin(Thur), Can Cau(Sat) and Bac Ha(Sun).
– Enjoy about 2 hours joining the local ethnic peoples such as H’mong, Zao, Tay, Phu La…experiencing the festive atmosphere and lively activities as well as understanding of the regional spiritual life.
– Transfer to Bac Ha Town let and check in Sao Mai hotel around noon time. The Bac Ha market on Sunday takes place right in this charming town.
– Warming up for aprox 2 hours in the afternoon by cycling 12 km up and downhill around the Ban Pho Valley.
– Overnight in Bac Ha.
Transfer: from 75 to 140 km depending on the market to visit.
Biking: 3 km paved road; 4 km rocky road up steep hill; 5 km single dirt track downhill. Slopes is from 5% to 25%.
Acc: Sao Mai Hotel(2 star)
Meals: Breakfast in restaurant in Lao Cai, Lunch on the way or Bac Ha. Dinner is free in Bac Ha.
Day 3: Bac Ha – Can Cau – Ta Cu Ty(B; L; D)
– Breakfast and check out Sao Mai hotel at 08.30 am.
– Start biking from hotel following the motor way 3 km to the center of Lau Thi Ngai Commune.
– Cross the stream by suspension bridge and then ejoy an easy ride on a single dirt track along a stunning valley for 4 km before challenging 5 km up steep hill trail to Lung Phin.
– Follow the motor way again for 2,5 km and then turn left to another single dirt track for 22 km, passing through several small hamlets of the H’mong peoples to Can Cau market place.
– Arrive at Can Cau at about 4.00 pm. Stop biking and then transfer by road for 45 minutes to Ta Cu Ty.
– The trail today runs mostly through populated valleys which featured of terraced rice paddies and cornfields on steep hills sides as well as chances to meet local tribal peoples such as Flower H’mong, Zao and Tay.
Transfer: 29 km
Biking: 5,5 km paved road; 31 km single track up and down hills. Slopes is from 8% to 22%.
Acc: Home stay in the Tay house on stilts at Ta Cu Ty Village
Meals: Breakfast at hotel, lunch on the way, dinner at home stay
Day 4: Ta Cu Ty – Ban Ngo – Nam Dan(or Gio Pass)(B; L; D)
– Breakfast and say good bye to hosting family at 08.30.
– Biking along a single track which form a half circle around the Ta Cu Ty mountain range and is a combination of short lose rocky part and dirt trails with some stream crosses for 21 km from Ta Cu Ty to Dan Khao Village of Ban Ngo Commune via several villages and hamlets of the Nung, H’mong and Zao ethnic peoples.
– Lunch break at Dan Khao, a newly settled-down village.
– There are 3 choices for afternoon biking from here:
Opt 1: Continuing along the same track for 9 km on high elevation of Ta Cu Ty range to home stay at Nam Chien Village with ½ hour visiting to the interesting rock fields with messages of the ancient peoples carved on many big rocks at Nam Dan Village. Arrival at home stay at about 3.00 pm.
Opt 2: Making a short loop for about 2 hours along a narrow and steep single dirt track from Dan Khao Village to home-stay at Nam Chien Village, Nam Dan Commune:
+ 5 km downhill to the suspension bridge 1.
+ 2,5 km uphill and then 2 km downhill to bridge 3, then 1,5 km uphill again to the motor way
near the center of Nam Dan commune.
+ 3 km paved road to home stay at Nam Chien and arrival at the home stay at about 4.30 pm.
Opt 3: Making a longer loops for nearly 3 hours along a steep and narrow single track from Dan Khao Village to Che La Commune and then continue to home-stay at Nam Chien Village, Nam Dan Commune:
+ 5 km downhill to suspension bridge 1
+ 6 km uphill to the junction in Che La Commune.
+ Turn right and gradually getting downhill for 7 km to suspension bridge 3.
+ 2,5 km uphill again from the bridge 3 to home-stay.
Transfer: 0 km
Opt 1: Easy 29 km single track up and down hills.Slopes is from 5% to 20%.
Opt 2: 32 km single track and 3 km paved road. Slopes is from 5% to 22%.
Opt 3: 41,5 km single track and 3. Slopes is from 8% to 30%.
Acc: Home stay in the Nung house on stilts at Nam Chien Village, Nam Dan Commune.
Meals: Breakfast at hotel, lunch on the way, dinner at home stay.
– If choosing to stay overnight at Gio Pass site in stilts house amongst thick forest, please add 7 km biking or transferring along the motor way up steep hill.
Day 5: Nam Dan(or Gio Pass Site) – Nam Nhung – Khau Rom – Nam Choong(B; L; D)
– Breakfast and leave home stay in Nam Chien at about 08.30 am.
– Warming up by following the good motor way for 14 km through thick rain forest from home-stay over the Gio Pass to the southern side of the.
– Turn left to a single dirt track for 12 km mostly steep downhill through tea farms, terraced rice paddies, bamboo forest, passing some isolated hamlets of the Zao and H’mong ethnic of Nam Nhung and Khau Rom Villages to the main road which run along the Nam Ly River.
– Following the main road for 3 km to a suspension bridge and cross the Nam Ly River to the sounthern bank.
– Take the single dirt track uphill 5 km through Phieng Lang and Quang Thuong Villages of the Red Zao and then 3 km on the hill side with not too much up and down before challenging 5 km downhill along a narrow and steep dirt track to Nam Choong Village.
– Arrive at the Nam Choong local tourist site near the hot mineral spring at about 5.00 pm.
Transfer: 0 km
Cycling: 17 km paved road; 25 km single dirt track up and down hills with slope varies from 8 to 28%.
Acc: Home stay at a local tourist site near hot spring at Nam Choong Village.
Meals: Breakfast at home stay, lunch on the way, dinner at home stay
Day 6: Nam Choong – Cao Son – Ho Thau Commune – Panhou. (B; L; D)
– Breakfast and leave Nam Choong at about 08.30 am.
– Start biking along a narrow single track from Nam Choong for 6 km to the center of Quang Nguyen Commune.
– Then following a single dirt track agradually uphill along the Nam Ly River through the Trung Son Village for 10 km.
– Challenging 4 km down and up very steep trail to cross the upstream of Nam Ly River to the other bank. Bikes may have to be carried for about 30 m.
– Following a larger single track uphill for 5 km to Chien Thang Village and then gradually downhill for 6 km to the center of Ho Thau Commune.
– Picked up and transfer 47 km for 1,5 hour to Panhou eco-site for staying overnight.
– Arrival to the Panhou at about 5.30 pm.
Transfer: 47 km
Biking: 31 km single dirt track up and down hills.
Acc: Home stay in stilts house of the Nung at Ho Xan Village.
Meals: Breakfast at home stay, lunch on the way, dinner at Panhou.
Day 7: Panhou – Ha Noi(B; L; -)
– Breakfast and check out the Panhou at 08.00 for a full day transfer by road 315 km to Ha Noi via Tuyen Quant, Viet Tri,…
– Lunch in a local restaurant along the way and arrive in Ha Noi at about 06.00 pm.
Transfer: 315 km
Meals: Breakfast at Panhou, lunch on the way.