Chiangdao X country Biking 2 days
A great trip through the scenic Chiang Dao valley, located just one hour’s drive from Chiang Mai city. The Doi Chiang Dao is the country’s third highest peak. Many single trails and a great fun for experienced mountain-bikers.
- Transfers as mentioned above by private air conditioned car
- English speaking tour guide
- Accommodation one night in Chiang-dao at Padeng Lodge in private fan cooled room
- Accommodation one night in Chiang Rai, tourist class hotel, with air-cond and en suite bathrooms
- Meals as mentioned in program
- Elephant show, elephant riding, caves entrance fees
- Beverages, guide tips and personal expenses
- “Hall of Opium” museum entrance fees (optional visit, to be paid locally)
- Compulsory Gala Dinner at hotels (only during festive periods)
DAY 1 – RIDE THE CHIANGDAO VALLEY
08h00-08h30 Meeting at your Chiang Mai hotel with your guide. We set off on the highway 107 direction North, to reach the Chiangdao valley. The distance is 85 km and transfer time is approximately 1 1/2 hour.
09h45-10h00 Arrive at the Padeng Lodge, our activity base for the day.
Upon arrival tea or coffee is served while we fit the bikes with assistance of our staff. Start cycling on a paved road with a light hill, for a good warm up, until we reach a “Karen village” for a break. As our road turn into a dirt trail, we ride a fun section reaching another village. Ride back to the camp for lunch. (Approx. 12 km loop).
12h00 – 13h00 Thai lunch at Padeng Lodge
Afternoon, we ride great single trails in the forest (8 km) eventually ending into a paved road leading us all the way to the Chiang Dao caves. Cycle little used rural roads and through scenic countryside, stopping at a local market and a Temple. Distance can vary from 25 km to 30km. Support vehicle is following on most of the route, except on single trails.
16h00 We end our ride at the Chiangdao caves and Buddhist sanctuary, which we can explore when time permits.
16h30-17h00 Transfer by vehicle back to the Padeng Lodge. Overnight and dinner.
DAY 2 – CYCLING, WATERFALLS AND BACK TO CHIANG MAI
After breakfast at the Lodge, we will cycle single trails and jeep tracks leading to some villages, and a small waterfall.
Pack lunch at the waterfall. We need to walk half hour to reach the waterfall.
Afternoon, we return to the Lodge via another trail. Relax, shower and change before a vehicle transfer back to Chiang Mai. Drop off at your hotel in Chiang Mai around 17h30.
– End of the tour –
*note: itinerary might vary during raining season, as some of the trails on the second day are not possible. It might be replaced by paved country roads