Day 1: Hanoi – Dam Da – Yen Thuy
– TLV Bike Tours Leave Hanoi at about 08.00am for 45km road transfer westwards to Xuan Mai. Start biking along the quiet Ho Chi Minh road through the midland of Kim Boi District, Hoa Binh Province for 42km to Thanh Ha Junction. This portion of the trip offers stunning scenery of the midland that consists of series of low hill covered by plantations and valleys as well as villages of the Muong Peoples.
– Have lunch break in Thanh Ha and spend half an hour to visit a village of the Muong.
– Continue biking about 2 hours in the afternoon, getting through Lac Thuy and Yen Thuy Districts of Hoa Binh Province before arriving to the wild area of the northen edge of Cuc Phuong National Park. Arriving to Khanh Village of the Muong which is beautifully set on the bank of the Buoi River amongst primative rain foreest.
– Spend the rest of the afternoon to explore lush and beautiful nature of Cuc Phuong National Park.
Day summary: biking 81 – 100km /walk in Cuc Phuong 2 hours/ Village stay overnight in Khanh Village.
Day 2: Yen Thuy – Cam Thuy – Tho Xuan – Yen Cat – Thai Hoa – 155km
– Leave Khanh Village after breakfast and cycle 23km through Cuc Phuong National Park to Cam Thuy. This portion offerrs the typical wild nature of the rain forest on the Karster rock.
– Have tea break in Cam Thuy and continue biking 23km along Ho Chi Minh road, which offers beautiful ride on quiet asphalt through the midland of Cam Thuy District of Thanh Hoa Province, featured with lush sugar caine farms and plantation covering the hilly land and green rice fields.
– Stop for paying visit to the historical site of Lam Kinh(Historical legiondary region of Le Loi uphillval in 15th Century) before having lunch break in Lam Son town let.
– Transfer by car for about 20km after lunch to the top of Doc Mit hill with a visit to a beautiful village before biking for 2 hours from mid afternoon to Thai Hoa Junction.
– Check in hotel and free to explore the charming country side surrounding.
Day summary: biking 70 – 110km / Stay overnight in Thai Hoa – Local basic hotel.
Day 3 : Thai Hoa – Huong Khe(Ha Tinh) – 184km
– Breakfast and leave Thai Hoa at about 08.00am for 68km road transfer through the busy region of Do Luong District. Then biking from Do Luong town let for over 2 hours to Nam Dan Commune. Here you will pay visiting to the famous historical site where Ho Chi Minh born and brought up in before continue biking to Pho Chau for lunch break.
– Afternoon biking along quiet asphalt getting through the wild region of Huong Khe District, Ha Tinh Province heading for Huong Khe town let.
Day summary: biking max 100km / Stay overnight in Huong Khe – Local basic hotel.
Day 4: Huong Khe – Xuan Son – Phong Nha – 134km
– Leave Huong Khe after breakfast and biking 1.5 hour along the narrow road 15 for 20km to Tan Son junction and follow Ho Chi Minh road which winds its way up and down hills and mountains which covered by thick rain forest, passing over several mountain passes for 2 hours to Yen Thanh. There is chances to visit some small villages of the Muong and Ruc tribal peoples along the way. Lunch break in Yen Thanh.
– Afternoon tour, heading to Phong Nha, is a combination of road transfer and biking because there are several tough ascending in this portion, especially the Da Deo Pass between Ha Tinh and Quang Binh Provinces. This portion also offers the most spectacular and magnificent landscapes so far.
– Arriving to Xuan Son in near Phong Nha Cave in mid afternoon, take 2 hours boat trip to explore the famous Phong Nha Cave, the longest river tunnel in Vietnam.
– Back to Xuan Son town let, check in hotel and relax.
Day summary: biking 70 – 100 km / Boat trip 2 hours/ Stay overnight in Xuan Son- Local basic hotel.
Day 5: Phong Nha – Khe Sanh – 171km
– From Xuan Son, the former Ho Chi Minh trails had several different routes to go further to the South, there are even 2 branches ggetting through the border to Lao’s tetitory. However the biking today will follow the west branch of the Ho Chi Minh road which goes along the border with Laos for the whole day to Khe Sanh. There are several historical sites of the war against the US remaining such as part of the former Ho Chi Minh trail, bridges and cemetery as well as hiltribal villages…The tour today is also a combaination of biking and road transfer.
– Arriving to Khe Sanh town let in mid afternoon, spend an hour to visit the museum of Khe Sanh before check in hotel, dinner and relax.
Day summary: biking 91 – 110km / Stay overnight in Khe Sanh- Local basic hotel.
Day 6: Khe Sanh – A Luoi – 106km
– Leaving Khe Sang after breakfast for 11km biking along road 9 to Ka Lu junction with a stop to visit Lang Vay, famous historical site of the fierce fighting in 1968 and 1972.
– Then cross the Dak Krong River by a suspension bridge and then follow Ho Chi Minh road again for about nearly 2 hours to A Lieng. This portion offers scenery of the wild nature as well as a lot traces of the war with Amerian army. Lunch break in A Lieng.
– Continue biking after lunch for over 3 hours to A Luoi. Upon arrival to A Luoi pay visiting to the former site of the A Luoi Valley.
– Check in a local hotel here, dinner and free to explore this newly built town let.
Day summary: biking 86 – 106km / Stay overnight in A Luoi – Local basic hotel.
Day 7: A Luoi – Hue
– breakfast and then cycle along road 49 mostly downhill for 52km to Hue. Enjoy great view of the coastal region as you get out of the tropical forest.
– Arriving in Hue at noon, check in hotel and enjoy the whole afternoon at your leisure.
Day summary: biking 52km / Stay overnight in Hue – Hotel .
Day 8: Hue
– Full day tour Hue including the visit to the ancient citadel, boat trip along Huong River and a visit to the cemetary of King Khai Dinh.
– Stay overnight in Hue. Enjoy dinner with sample of royal music.
Day 9: Hue – Lang Co
– Leave Hue in the morning, transfer 15km out of the busy city to Phu Bai and enjoy 2 hours easy biking along the coastal line to Lang Co
– Check in the Lang Co Beach resort and relax on the beautiful sandy beach for the whole afternoon.
Day summary: biking 54 – 70km / Stay overnight in Lang Co – Resort.
Day 10: Lang Co – Hoi An
– Leave Lang Co for a challenging biking today: Getting over the Hai Van Pass. Start biking from the resort and quickly getting uphill along the large former highway 1A which is now become quiet thanks to the construction of the tunnel. It takes about 2.5 hours to cycle up to the top of the pass. And about 1 hour to get downhill to the Red Beach on the southern side of the mountain range. This portion offers spectacular view of Da Nang Bay as well as beautiful nature of Truong Son Mountain range.
– Lunch in Da Nang, paying visit to Cham Sculpture Museum before continue biking along the beautiful coatal road to Hoi An with an hour stop at the mid way to visit the Marble Mountain.
– Arriving in Hoi An at about 05.00pm, check in hotel and free to relax.
Day summary: biking 65 – 75km / Stay overnight in Hoi An – Hotel or beach resort.
Day 11: Hoi An
– Full day tour to visit ancient Hoi An Town as well as the beautiful countryside nearby which are famous for wooden carving, pottery and other handicrafts.
– Stay overnight in Hoi An
Day summary: biking 65km / Stay overnight in Hoi An – Hotel or beach resort .
Day 12: Hoi An – Dak To – 193km
– Leave Hoi An for 153km road transfer uphill westwards to Dak Glei town let, have lunch break here . Biking from here along the newly upgraded Ho Chi Minh road through the famous historical route of Ho Chi Minh trail in the war, passing through lush rain forest, villages of hiltribal peoples such as Co Tu, Ba Na and newly built towns… for 3 hours to Plei Kan. Picked up for 18km road transfer to Dak To, paying visit to the historical site of the battle field Dac To – Tan Canh.
– Check in a local guesthouse and then free to explore the historical Dak To town let.
Day summary: biking 52 – 100km / Stay overnight in Dak To – Hotel basic local.
Day 13: Dak To – Kon Tum – Pleiku – 113km
– Leave Dac To after breakfast and then follow Ho Chi Minh road again for 43km to Kon Tum. Then follow country road for 5km to a Ko Tu village. Where having lunch and enjoy the local music of the Co Tu.
– Back to Kon Tum and biking along Ho Chi Minh road again for 55km, heading to Pleiku. This portion of the road getting through the lush area featured with coffee and vegetable farms.
– Arriving to Pleiku in late afternoon, check in hotel and then free to explore this charming city in the heart of the Central Highland.
Day summary: biking 80km / Stay overnight in Plei Ku – Hotel Hoang Anh Gia Lai – 4 star.
Day 14: Pleiku – Buon Ma Thuot – 187km
– The biking tour today will take you through the largest coffee farm of Vietnam. The area used to be covered with thick and lush rain forest. But from 1980s, coffee farming was started to be developed and hundreds of thousands farmers immigrated from provinces in the north to the region to turn this quiet and deserted area into one of the busiest region in the Central Highland and helped coffee production to grow fast.
– Leaving Pleiku after breakfast for a 60km road transfer along the former national road 14 to Phu Quang Commune, passing through the densely populated area of Pleiku province famous for Choco and rubber plantations. Having several stops to visit villages and farms.
– Start biking from Phu Quang for 60km along the beautiful asphalt which winds its way up and downhill amongst thick rain forest and lush coffee farms, passing by villages of the Ba Na and Ede ethnic peoples who used to practise slash and burn agriculture in the past but now farming coffee. Lunch break in Ea Hleo Town let.
– Transfer by road after lunch for 16km to Buon Mui, spend half an hour to visit this village of the Ba Na ethnic peoples. Then biking again for the whole afternoon to Buon Ma Thuot City of Dak Lak Province.
– Check in hotel and free to explore this beautiful city.
Day summary: biking 87 to 111km / Stay overnight in Buon Ma Thuot – Hotel.
Day 15: Buon Me Thuot – Lak Lake – 53km
– Leaving Buon Ma Thuot at 08.00am, biking from hotel along a narrow tarmac getting through a busy of the Viet – Duc coffee farm which is the forst joint stock farm in the region between Vietnam & German companies which produced the best Robusta for export from 1980s. Later the road sneaks amongst lower hills to the lowland of Dak Lak Province along Krong Ana River which runs between the two mountain ranges: The Lang Biang and Buon Ma Thuot. The biking road later gets through rice fields and large villages of the Ba Na ethnic before arriving to a beautiful resort on the bank of Lak Lake. Check in hotel and having late lunch here.
– Afternoon tour plan is for visiting a Ba Na village and exploring the surrounding nature with 2 hours elephant ride.
Day summary: biking 53km / Stay overnight in Lak Lake Resort.
Day 16: Lak Lake – Dinh Van – Da Lat – 147km
– The biking today is hard for getting uphill most of the time. Start biking from Lak Lake along road 27 which is narrow and bumpy at some part getting through the wild region between Dak Lak and Lam Dong Province. After an hour riding through the low land with large villages and rice fields, you will see the thick forest and coffee farms again.
– After nearly 3 hours you will arrive to Don Du Commune, have lunch break and then ready for conquering the Chuoi Mountain Pass at 1097m hight. This portion of the road winds its way on steep mountain sides with many sharp bends getting through thick forest which offers challenge to your pedals. After Chuoi Pass, another challenge is waiting for you! It is Phu My Pass which is even higher(1237). Other while, supporting vehicle will transfer you to the top and biking downhill along the beautiful tarmac all the way to Dinh Van.
– Stop biking in Dinh Van and transfer by road 27 and later road 26 to Da Lat City. Check in hotel and spend an hour to visit the center of Da Lat before dinner.
Day summary: biking 70 to 100km / Stay overnight in Da Lat.
Day 17: Da Lat
– Today we spend the whole morning for relaxing.
– Afternoon is for visiting highlights of Da Lat including famous sites such as City Flower Garden, Xuan Huong Lake, Da Lat Old Railways Station and enjoy panorama of the city from cable car to the Zen Institute and Da Lat Market in late afternoon.
– Stay overnight in Da Lat
Day 18: Da Lat – Nha Trang – 137km
– Leaving Da Lat in the morning for a short road transfer to the junction of the road 725 and road 26. Biking from here along the narrow recently upgraded road 725 for 49km through Don Duong District, featured with vegetable farms of the northern emmigrated farmers as well as several large villages of the Ba Na and Gia Rai ethnic peoples. Lunch break in this quiet town.
– Continue biking after lunch for another 3 hours along a narrow tarmac which winds through the tough mountain terrain, thick rain forest to Khanh Vinh town let of Song Cau District, Khanh Hoa Province. Stop along the way for admiring the magnificent Yang Bay Waterfall.
– Stop biking at about 4.00pm and take an hour raod transfer to the famous coastal city of Nha Trang. Check in hotel and free to relax on the beach.
Day summary: biking 70 to 112km / Stay overnight in Nha Trang.
Day 19: Nha Trang – Phan Rang – 97km
– Morning today is for visiting some highlights of Nha Trang: Ponaga Cham Tower, the Oceanography Institute and relax on the beach.
– Lunch, check out hotel and leave Nha Trang at 1.30pm for enjoying the beautiful ride along the newly built coastal road for 32km to the farmer US Cam Ranh air-base. Then continue biking along the quiet portion of the national road 1A which offers stunning scenery of shrirmp farms and white salt fields.
– Take road transfer for 30km to Phan Rang City, check in the Ninh Chu Beach Resort and spent the rest of the afternoon to enjoy yourselves on the beach at sunset.
Day summary:biking 50 – 97km / Stay overnight in Phan Rang – Ninh Chu Beach Resort – 4 star.
Day 20: Ninh Chu – Mui Ne – 161km
– Leave Ninh Chu beach resort after breakfast for the morning road trasnfer along the highway 1A which offers beautiful scenery of the coastal region of Ninh Thuan Province with several stops at highlights such as the Three Cham Tower, Ca Na Beach, Phan Ri Cua… Lunch break in Phan Ri Cua.
– Start biking in the afternoon from Trung Luong junction, following the narrow country tarmac heading east to Hong Chinh Commune. This portion offers typical farming villages of the peoples in the Central Highland: Combination of rice farming with cashew-nut farming and raising sheep and oxen.
– From Hong Chinh to Mui Ne, this road winds its way along the coast with marvelous landscapes. Arriving to the famous Ham Tien District, check in a beach resort and then relax.
Day summary: biking 61 – 110km / Stay overnight in Ham Tien(Mui Ne).
Day 21: Mui Ne – Binh Chau – Vung Tau – Ho Chi Minh
– Leaving Mui Ne after breakfast, take 25km road transfer along the coastal road, heading south through Phan Thiet City. Start biking from Tien Binh Commune for the whole morning along the coastal road to Ham Tan Town let. Stops along the way for photos and visiting the Ke Ga Penisular.
– Lunch break in Ham Tien, and continue biking for about 2 hours in the afternoon to Phuoc Buu. Picked up from here for road trasnfer to Vung Tau City.
– Boarding a hydrofoil at 05.50pm for an hour speed boat trip to Sai Gon. Check in hotel upon arrival to Sai Gon, dinner and relax.
Day 22: Cu Chi
– Morning visit to Cu Chi Tunnel.
Day 23: Ho Chi minh – Departure